Cloud computing has become the de facto standard for organizations around the globe. In a recent study, McAfee concluded that 93 percent of organizations utilize cloud services in some shape or form. More than 80 percent even embrace a “cloud-first” strategy, in which applications are prioritized that can be procured as a service or deployed in the cloud over those deployed on-premises. Those prioritizing off-premises believe that their IT budgets will be 80 percent cloud services in less than 12 months, while those without such a stringent strategy think it will be closer to 20 months.
- IDG Contributor Network: Has big data reached a tipping point in the cloud?
- IDG Contributor Network: Machine intelligence: Build your own vs. as-a-service
- IDG Contributor Network: Fix poor VoIP call quality with a dedicated circuit
- IDG Contributor Network: Suse fronts up — there’s a method to their (perceived) madness
- IDG Contributor Network: How to plan your successful cloud migration