As CIOs and industry executives grapple with the rate of change of technology, CEOs – especially in healthcare – grapple with an increasing number of unknowns in the environment that could disrupt their businesses. A survey by consulting firm Deloitte in May 2017 makes a telling statement: While CEO-level themes have remained largely the same since 2015, the urgency levels have ratcheted up. The study indicates that while CEO’s are concerned with protecting margins and managing the transition to population health and value-based care in an uncertain policy environment, they are also very concerned with technology and cybersecurity risks. The increasing consumerization of healthcare has become a CEO-level issue in a sector that barely cared about the healthcare consumer till recently.
- IDG Contributor Network: Cloud security: Trends and strategy
- IDG Contributor Network: How GE Healthcare migrated 500 applications to the cloud
- IDG Contributor Network: Blockchain technology: hype or reality?
- IDG Contributor Network: Quarterly reporting seasons shows how the technology world is fundamentally changing
- IDG Contributor Network: Cloud is now a core strategy — are you onboard?